I realized that within the past six months, I've accumulated a decent amount of beauty items (mostly gifts) and I thought it'd be cool to share and a little fun for all my girly readers to read :)
I was so happy to get so many new nail polishes as gifts!! Essie nail polishes are nice as usual. Haven't gotten to try the blacks yet. Disco Ball by Sally Hansen is great as a top layer on other nail polishes and the CND Speedey Top Coat dries pretty fast but it doesn't necessarily prevent my nail polish from chipping and doesn't seem to last that long.
I know this photo has a lot of products but keep scrolling for more product details!
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Intense Kajal Eyeliner Sample in Purple
- Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear in Dark Brown, Black, Navy, and Silver (not pictured) - I've used the Brown almost to the end and they're definitely very smooth and creamy when applying which I love and last a decent amount of time. However, by the end of the work day, it's not a defined line anymore (but at least it doesn't give me raccoon eyes!)
- EM (by Michelle Phan) Waterliner / Intense Color Eye Liner - Great as a waterliner. Smudges as eyeliner and gives me raccoon eyes. Easy, smooth application though and I like the smudge tip, which I actually use more for other eyeliners.
- Eyelashes from Daiso, Cross Type and Straight Type - Haven't really tried these out but I noticed the band is a little thick.
- Ardell Natural Eyelashes - Love the band on these but haven't really worn these either.
- Pixi Eye Alchemy Eye Shadow Palette - My mom got this for free and gave it to me and I love it. I love how just about all of these colors can be used to create natural-looking looks. They're basically all shimmery but I just love this palette. I love how there is army green and dark purples and grays along with great highlight colors.
- Sonia Kashuk Eye Couture Eye Palette - Love this palette even though I haven't used it much yet. These are all matte, all neutral colors. Great to go along with shimmery palettes like the Pixi palette to make looks more bold. These shadows are very pigmented and can be used for everyday and smokey eye looks.
- Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof (haven't tried it yet but excited to!)
- Maybelline The Falsies - I was really excited to try this out because I asked for this product in waterproof but I opened the package before I realized it actually wasn't the waterproof version. Nevertheless, I've heard "The Falsies" mentioned a lot so I was still excited to use it. However, it's not as amazing as I thought it would be. Maybe I got a faulty product, but the tube doesn't squeeze out enough of the mascara so the applicator is pretty clumpy with product when I use it and it just doesn't go on very nicely. And with it not being waterproof, it doesn't really hold the lashes curled.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Pearls in Pearly Pink - Definitely not what I was looking for but it was on sale for less than $2 so I just got it. I guess if I want to look like a snow queen, I have the lipstick for it haha.
- Estée Lauder All Day Lipstick in Spiced Cider - The swatch is a lot better looking than the lipstick itself but I have yet to wear it out. It doesn't look bad though so it's worth a shot!
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Long-Lasting Lipstick in Rubellite - Very hot pink shimmer. Looks perfect for a girls night out or date night or clubbing night. Excited to use this one!
- Estée Lauder Pure Color Long-Lasting Lipstick in Bois de Rose - Pretty dark rose color. Not sure how this actually looks on me though but it's still a great color!
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude - It's a decent concealer. Picked the right shade and put it on under my foundation if I really feel like covering up more. I'm not sure if it necessarily holds up all day because it could be my fault for touching my face throughout the day -_-
- Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - I probably got like 3 or 4 of these for Christmas but I don't mind because it's my favorite everyday lip balm right now. I love the minty taste and it just feels refreshing with every application.
- bareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil - This is the only powder I've used ever because I started my foundation experience with a bareEscentuals starter kit and have never tried another powder since. So I asked for this one. My starter kit came with a matte mineral veil but I accidentally asked for the illumunating one with shimmer. But I don't mind. It probably gives my face a little glow everyday, which I don't mind :) But I'm definitely open to trying other, cheaper, maybe drugstore powder products next.
That concludes my little beauty show-and-tell. If you want to know a little more about any of these products, leave a comment below (i.e. if you want to see swatches of the lipsticks on me). If you have any of these products, feel free to leave a comment on what you think or what products you use! If you like reading these types of posts, I'm going to have another "Makeup Haul from Grandma's" up soon so stay tuned! :)